- 1 ¼ cups of pine nuts (1/4 c. for topping)
- ¾ cup Oliver Farm Pumpkin Oil
- The juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup basil leaves packed (equals 2 bunches with stems)
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¾ cup vegan parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Pumpkin oil (for pine nuts)
- In a nonstick sauce pan add the 1 ¼ cup of pine nuts and 1 Tablespoon Pumpkin oil. Stir continually for 3-5 mins on medium high heat until the pine nuts are golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- Then in a food processor add basil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, parmesan cheese, and 1 cup of cooled pine nuts. Save the other ¼ cup for topping to prepared dish.
- Pulse all ingredients until it is a course ground, while the processor is on slowly drizzle the pumpkin oil in. If it seems too dry and is not combining smoothly continue to drizzle in pumpkin oil until desired consistency is achieved.
Sweet Potato Spirals with Grape Tomatoes and Pesto:
- In the above picture I spiraled a sweet potato and tossed them in a nonstick pan over medium heat along with 1 Tablespoon pumpkin oil pesto to heat together.
- While this was heating and combining, I roasted 1 pint of grape tomatoes and 3 garlic cloves in 2 teaspoons Oliver Farm Benne Oil, ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- I plated the sweet potatoes with pesto, then added a generous amount of roasted grape tomatoes and garlic to the top along with a sprinkling of vegan parmesan cheese and remaining toasted pine nuts.
Photo and recipe by Carla Poff